Do you use positive words with yourself and with your family each day? Using positive affirmations builds up others. If you struggle with negative thoughts, use a journal to write down positive things. Use a Thesaurus (or an app with a Dictionary and Thesaurus) to help you find new words to use.
Start using these words with your children, and use them with yourself and your spouse, too. We live in a world of negativity. Let’s be the change to bring some positive affirmations into the lives of those we love.
When you hear yourself say, “I can’t,” look for ways to make it possible. If you encounter a roadblock to your goals, look for another way to get there.
Take a look at your lesson plans and progress for this school year. Are you on track to reach your goals? Do you need to re-assess anything? I have found that some years, we may move slower in math as new concepts are not always easy to grasp. I have made decisions on how to best finish our math lessons around this time of the year when we have a slower paced year.
My goal in teaching my children is to ignite a love of learning and teach them in a way that they understand it (mastery teaching). This means we move along at the student’s pace. We can move fast, or we can move slow. It is a beautiful part of the homeschool journey.
How do you feel about your school year?
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Wipe Windows and Mirrors
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Get out some art supplies and be creative with your children.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour